As the TRI Summer season gets into full swing, triathletes can look forward to a new event on the calendar in FEB 2018, the MiWayLife 226 Brick Challenge
For those not in the know, its a full on race even though the name might suggest a “training session”. It is howver intended to be used as a training session-race for the majority of athletes who have put their hands up and entered already
What make this race different from the others?
- For one, its spread over 3 days – let us call it the Tour de Francais of triathlon. Swim Friday/Cycle Saturday/Run Sunday
- Wetsuits will be allowed – FEB is hot at Midmar and the water generally around 24-26 degree’s but the organisers realise athletes who want to test our their wetsuits and their fitness levels over 3.8km, want or need to swim in their suits.
- There are no cut-off times – this makes it less pressure for the newbies – those that are not quite sure they can complete the distances, now can without the threat of being chucked out of the race
- There is a personal seconding zone. Most TRI events do not allow outside assistance which normally carries a disqualification. Not at this race – they encourage your family/friends and helpers to get involved and assist you in this great race experience
- Entry Fee’s are super well priced – go and google the competiton in terms of other events and see for yourselves. Times are tight and money even tighter – the 226 crew have delivered in terms of making it affordable
- Great Value upon entry – go check their FB page out and see for yourself
- Friendly organisers and even better sponsors. No threats at this this race, here everyone get’s treated like a PRO ELITE
- They have the 113 in place as well for the athletes not so brave to take on 226km
- For the Comrades triathlete, the 42km on the Sunday can count towards your qualification as the course has been measured and certfied 100% 42.2km long
- Many other attributes that one will only see when you come and race.
ENTRIES ARE BEING TAKEN AT www.226challenge.co.za