The 2nd Mandela Day Triathlon event is due to take place on the 27th August at Midmar Dam. Held for the first time last year, the race boast one of the largest prize purses in South African Triathlon. This years event will see the top PRO and ELITE athletes lock horns as they vie for well over R120 000 worth of cash prizes, along with the top age groupers and top Junior triathletes. Run in conjunction with the Mandela Marathon and festivities, the event is organized by the well known B-Active crew, assuring athletes of the very best in race day experiences.
Date: 27th August 2016
Start Venue: Midmar Dam
Prize Money: R120 000
- Mini Triathlon – 200m Swim / 5km Cycle / 2.5km Run – 11am Start – (Winner 11:40am) Min Age 12yrs old.
- Sprint Triathlon – 600m Swim / 20km Cycle / 5km Run- 12pm Start – (Winner 1pm) Min Age is 16yrs old
- Olympic Triathlon – 1.5km Swim / 40km Cycle / 5km Run – 1:30pm Start – (Winner 3:25pm) Min Age 20yrs old.
Registration Venue: Midmar Dam Conference Centre Times: 10am to 1pm on Saturday
- Mini Triathlon – 200m Swim / 5km Cycle / 2.5km Run – R120.00
- Sprint Triathlon – 600m Swim / 20km Cycle / 5km Run – R350.00
- Olympic Triathlon – 1.5km Swim / 40km Cycle / 10km Run – R650.00
TRIATHLON SA Day Licences:
If you do not have an Annual Triathlon SA Licence, you will need to pay:
- R30 for the Mini & Sprint
- R100 for the Olympic day licence.
Draft legal Race
10km race lap for the Sprint & Olympic Distances races. Road bikes and road drop bars only.
- Ø NO: Bar End Shifters – Shifters must be on the road bike drop bars
- Ø NO: Open Bars (must be closed / joined)
- Ø NO: Tri Bars can’t extend past road bike gear shifters
At registration each Pre-entered competitor will get:
- Race T-shirt
- Swim Cap
- Race Number
- Finishers Medal on the finish line
Prize giving: 4:15pm At the Capture Site
Enter Online and get more race info at : www.bactiventry.com