We have been testing the LAKE TX 322 TRI SHOE and are still busy. We have done a few training rides in them and 1 x ULTRA. so far, we like a lot…..
- The Shoe looks really cool – a sort or RETRO type looking shoe – people love the black colour – add in the white straps and we do to.
- They are super stiff (carbon sole) and we took the WIDE BOX option – so very comfy
- To get on fast – they initially took some “softening” up the leather but slowly and surely – we are getting our feet into them faster (especially for draft legal type events where the shoes are placed in the pedals and you need to fit the shoes at high speed).
- We did a test over 90km this past weekend with a quick transition (shoes on the bike) and they worked a dream
- No socks ride = no blisters – feet did not burn-up which can be a problem with some shoes
- They have a really cool hook strap at the back that makes fastening them onto the pedals and using elastics very easy (if you know draft legal racing, you will know what we speak of here)
- 2 places to tighten them – 1 thick strap and a dial closer to the toes – they fit snug and can easily be adjusted in terms of how tight you want them during the ride.
- Very easy to get off as we approached T2….
- Overall – they work great – do the job and of course – they look COOL which if you know how fashion works in triathlon, this is important
CX/TX Competition Last – With a profile specifically designed for very high-cadence riding & higher pressure, our Competition last features a more curved profile than the Sport last. The main differences include increased toe pitch & heel lift, a tighter heel & a slightly wider ball girth to allow the foot to expand under high pedaling pressures.
Lake Race 100% Carbon Fiber Sole. Available in 3 hole cleat pattern
Durable Microfiber upper with NuFOAM™ & Trek-Dry breathable, moisture wicking & antimicrobial lining. Our unique lining works in a way that keeps your feet feeling cool and dry.
40mm hook & loop strap with fast transition forefoot L6 BOA closure
Overall Verdict? as TRI SPECIFIC shoe go – they do the job – we happy to recommend this as a GO TO option when buying tri specific cycle shoes
firstname.lastname@example.org for more info